3.15.2009

Who Frees The Freemen


The Freedom Force community's doomsday clock reads 3 minutes 'til midnight. On the forums, anxiety is plentiful while rational is scarce. The masses are in the threads chanting the names of the enemies while the mods are trying to hush the ranting.

"This is all his fault! I told you this would happen but you didn't listen to me!"

The leaders are quietly meeting to organize defensive maneuvers against the threat. These Titans of Freedom are exhausted yet they continue to protect their charges. They watch from their aerial palace as the people scatter on the ground writing down contact info to ensure they can find one another.

"Hey, I don't really know you well but you'll email me if we come back online, right?"

There are others just concerned with what they might lose. They scramble to bookmark links and download everything they can get their hands on. They are mining the sites and groups to find comfort in pixels and polys.

"Do you know where male_basic_forked is? I need it so badly. I gotta have it so I can host it at my private backup site!"

In secret, people are privately messaging conspiracies back and forth. Pointing fingers at all in the line of sight, taking out their frustration on the well-meaning and the newly visible.

"You know that new guy? It's him, I know it is! A friend of a friend on Warcraft told me!"

There are others instant messaging their confusion to all those online. They type furiously about the ones who betrayed them. They send links and pictures when words fail to expression how they truly feel.

"How could they try to do this to us again? What did I ever do to them? This is not fair! Did you get my link?"

Regardless of where they are or how they feel, they are all hoping freedom will be preserved. They are all just hoping their community will see another day.

"I CAN HAZ CHEEZBURGR?"


- Spectrous Ladiccus

3 comments:

  1. the boards will look UP at me and cry save us, and i will whisper................WHAT?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "With his, y'know old friend's community"....
    You mean, it's my fuh...fuh....forum?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete